Thread: Are we removing the Indian name(s)

Are we removing the Indian name(s)

What's the reason. Cleveland Indians?? Since I don't see the word 'Indian" as a racist term nor derogatory.... Are they removing for another reason? Is it due to them owning slaves?

I'm just waiting to see if every other town, county, creek, and river is renamed due to Indian ties. Hell, even our state name is Indian related.

Go Lookup who Leflore County was named for. Greenwood LeFlore. Descendant of a Choctaw Lady and a man with French Canadian heritage. Owned slaves in MS and died in 1865 after a having quite a spectacular life bringing people together who were at odds with one another.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenwood_LeFlore

The problem we are having is not looking at this situation in adult fashion. Logic would dictate that evolution did not end once man began walking erect. Our evolution has always been an on going process where people have more and more ways to keep themselves in peace more and more as time continues to go by. Even though there are many historical bumps in the road, overall the graph has always been on an upward trajectory towards a society that does as Christ Says "Love Thy Neighbor As Thyself" ,

We are foolishly attacking our American Heroes of the past by holding them to today's standards that did not exist while they were alive. As we continue to move forward, let's make things better today instead of using the past to divide us all.
    Last edited by OLJWales; 07-05-2020 at 10:35 PM.

They don't want any references to differences in people's because then people would notice that people are different. All history will be erased and we will start Year Zero as "completely equal".

You will VERY SOON see racial statistics in crime stats become a thing of the past.

I'm just saying that it's a known fact that Indians were slave owners so I was thinking that may be the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    They don't want any references to differences in people's because then people would notice that people are different. All history will be erased and we will start Year Zero as "completely equal".

You will VERY SOON see racial statistics in crime stats become a thing of the past.
    That's already taking place.

Vast majority of native Americans have zero 17s to give about Indian mascots.

Choosing Redskins, Indians, Braves and Seminoles puts the courage and tough fighting spirit of native Americans on a high pedestal of honor and respect.

There is no demeaning aspect of the mascots and symbols.

Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Vast majority of native Americans have zero 17s to give about Indian mascots.

Choosing Redskins, Indians, Braves and Seminoles puts the courage and tough fighting spirit of native Americans on a high pedestal of honor and respect.

There is no demeaning aspect of the mascots and symbols.
    It's not about theM it's about pushing the narrative of "white man bad"

Quote Originally Posted by MSUAngel View Post
    What's the reason. Cleveland Indians?? Since I don't see the word 'Indian" as a racist term nor derogatory.... Are they removing for another reason? Is it due to them owning slaves?
    I think it's residual from "Chief Wahoo" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chief_Wahoo

Which seen as a racist cartoon mascot 80 years ago.

IMO.

Redskins needed to change. Cleveland Indians only because of the mascot they used.

Seminoles is blessed by the Tribe, so it's not changing. (Which is what MC should do/ or have done)

I don't think Braves or Chiefs will change.

Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    I think it's residual from "Chief Wahoo" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chief_Wahoo

Which seen as a racist cartoon mascot 80 years ago.

IMO.

Redskins needed to change. Cleveland Indians only because of the mascot they used.

Seminoles is blessed by the Tribe, so it's not changing. (Which is what MC should do/ or have done)

I don't think Braves or Chiefs will change.
    nothing needs to change. only left winged woke white people are pushing for change.

Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    nothing needs to change. only left winged woke white people are pushing for change.
    I'm certain the people pushing to change the Redskins name, are not "woke whites".

Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    I'm certain the people pushing to change the Redskins name, are not "woke whites".
    Are you kidding?